Sunday, May 04, 2008

baby steps: the journey to yummyhood. entry #3

on my way to my ninth week now, and amidst the number of downsides in being pregnant, thankfully i have discovered that there are upsides too.

1. i constantly have very pink cheeks (due to the increased blood circulation, i reckon)
2. i always have my way (hubby spoils me a lot)
3. i have bigger boobs (yey!)
4. everyday is an exercise of patience (i can't wait!!!)
5. and that's about it.

the day before yesterday, my husband burst into song, and composed this for our little jellybean:

summer's gone
tell me
where'd you come from
but love
you are all we're waiting for

a space of bliss,
where is?
made from a single kiss
knock knock who's there
beneath this touch?

mommy's waiting for you
the sun is back
go pop the bag
mommy's waiting for you
go hug a thumb
and melt a dad

mommy's waiting for you
knock knock who's there
surprise, surprise...

he was singing me this song when i was about to rest, and i almost cried myself to sleep..

3 comments :

  1. Unknown said...

    That's so sweet! I can't wait to see your little bundle of joy. =)

  2. Anonymous said...

    Just pray the boob size stays that way after the baby comes. ^_^

    eat lots of pineapple. does wonders for the baby's skin. ever wondered how my bubu looks like the dad except the complexion? :)

  3. lei said...

    @ KK : me too. im not due for an ultrasound till the 29th. the wait is killing me.

    @ ellen : ill try to take that advice. =) and pray also that im well enough to keep anything in my system. as things are going, im having trouble keeping even water down. =(